Monday 9 July 2012

My first Lay-Out!

Hi all,
Today I made my very first lay-out ever!
I've tried to put as many different ideas and techniques in it as possible without cluttering the page.
A little while back I read a post on May Flaum's blog about Flat Lay Outs and I decided I would try to keep it as flat as possible.
I'm really pleased with the end-result, considering I've never did this before.

Here are some picture's :


I've distressed the edges of the top layer of cardstock with the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser and the Pumice Stone Distress Ink.
I have to admit; when I first opened the mail and took out the distresser my first reaction was : That's it?
But tiny as it is, it works like a charm!

I've distressed some beautifull white lace with the Pumice Stone Distress Ink and put it between the two layer's of cardstock all around the edges.


I embossed the brown paper with the brickwall embossing folder and torn of the left side of the paper to create a distressed look.


I've used lots of K&Company cut-outs all over the lay-out because the colours and sentiments worked perfectly with the cardstock pattern and the story of my lay-out.


And offcours I used the Sizzlits Die # Flourish!
I had to use my Big Shot as much as I possibly could just because I wanted to use it! LOL!!


Instead of a picture I used a stamp of a mask surrounded by butterflies.
Although I've never used the stamp before it is my favourite because of the image itself.
I speaks to my imagination!


The story of this lay-out is my advice in live;

Follow your heart, Just be yourself, Wonder, Grow, Play, Love and Live.


I'll be entering this lay-out in the following challenges :

Simon Says Stamp and Show... Layered Challenge :
http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.nl/2012/07/challenge-layered.html

May Flaum Designs : Camp Scrap Happy Mail Week 5 :
http://mayflaum.com/2012/07/08/camp-scrap-entering-week-5/

3 comments:

  1. What a great project for your first layout attempt! I love how you distressed the edges of the pages - thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. Please take the word veritication on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gods... how do you do it... :p

    ReplyDelete